Monday, June 28, 2010

Experimenting, Growing, Developing

Here are some sketches that were done RIGHT after Lauren left. Of course, I have CONTINUED painting daily since--which means that I need to apprehend my mother's SUPERNICE camera to take some pictures of what I've been up to...I've also been doing some painting with my oils.
I am experimenting with different ways to use watercolor. Painting from a picture is ALWAYS easier than painting from life, and I suppose you can see that in this painting of a fisherman on Fabbiano paper (bought IN Italy when I lived there), 5''x7''.


A gentleman came into the park on a home-made motorbike (a Schwinn bike with his own makeshift motor) wanting to travel around Montana for the next few months. On the day that he left, he told us that he had to leave behind a bag and some clothing that were weighing him down. Inspecting what he discarded, we found a stack of family photographs (one that closely resembles this one, above) inside! Since we were going to throw the photos away, I felt that I needed to give it the afterlife that it deserves in the only way that I know how--through painting! 5x7 Fabbiano

No comments:

Post a Comment