Saturday, June 26, 2010

Flew 2,345 miles to see a Minnich!

My oh my. ...Last Thursday, June 17th, I recently arrived back to the garden state with a bundle of new watercolors to show from glorious adventures in Montana. Lindsay Minnich and I plein air painted along side Glacier National Park and near many other incredible views. The landscapes all throughout the state never decreased any of my creativity whatsoever. Endless possibilities with compositions and color. 

(2) Plein air Glacier National Park. 5" x 5" watercolor and pencil 



Sinclar Gas Station in Babb, MT, 5" x 5" , watercolor 

Babb, MT, 5" x 5" , watercolor 

Old Church in Babb, MT, 5" x 5" , watercolor 

Kila, MT, 5" x 5" , watercolor. 
Used different paper than above. Cold press paper lighter pound. I noticed the quality of pigment on the surface immediately. More smooth and flat. 

Near Whitefish, MT, 5" x 5" , watercolor and pen
Used Lindsay's pen and drew inspiration from her continuous contour line sketches. Really enjoyed the free spirit of the line. 

St. Ignatius, MT, 4" x 4" , watercolor 
Well, after the bus from Kalispell to Big Timber, MT made the bus driver curse loudly to avoid a deadly crash, I had a great amount of time to sketch in St. Ignatius, MT. This navy topped farm house was located to the right of the bus and just was begging to be cared for or noticed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment